Everybody knows I am a huge dim sum fan, and so I am often asked to recommend where to go for the best dim sum in Singapore. This is a tough question, as there are several top choices to be had. Also, the restaurant heading up that top spot tends to change on a regular basis.
I would obviously also vary my recommendation based on who is asking. Recently, however I put together a definitive Top Ten Spots for Dim Sum in Singapore list for NileGuide.com and so if you are looking for some suggestions, you should head on over to the NileGuide Singapore pages and check it out - you can even download it as a pdf file and store it on your ipod or iphone for future reference - how handy is that?
Here's a wee teaser for you - five of those included in the top ten list:
1. Yum Cha - I have put this in the top spot as I think it is great for visitors to Singapore: it's in the heart of Chinatown and has that great buzz that a dim sum restaurant should have. It's also one of the only places to experience trolley service in Singapore (only at weekends).
2. Royal China at Raffles - for an elegant dim sum affair. This is where to bring clients or that special someone you want to impress.
3. Crystal Jade Golden Palace - this is my current favourite place for dim sum, and you will often find me and Mr Greedy Glutton propping up the bar and tucking into a selection of dumplings. The food is outstanding.
4. Red Star - I actually didn't rate the food all that much when I visited, although I know many people do. But it is probably the most authentic place to enjoy dim sum in Singapore, from an atomsphere point of view... be prepared to queue!
5. Dim Joy - a great place for dim sum novices - the chopsticks even come with instructions!
Further descriptions, contact details etc are all available on the downloadable guide on NileGuide.
Thursday, November 18, 2010
Posted by The Greedy Glutton at 6:03 PM